I typically have good intentions when it comes to DIY projects. I’m a pretty handy girl. I can use a hammer and I’m definitely not afraid of a paint brush (or some spray paint). But, my normal DIY project usually goes like this:
- Stumble on an adorable project on Pinterest
- Assess the amount of work required
- Look at said pin every day for 3-4…months
- Forget about pin
- Look back through Pinterest one day six months later and remember what a good idea that project was.
- Get supplies
- Wait 2-3 weeks for no reason
- Begin project
- Get 75% through project and decide you just want to be done
- Assign the final tasks to husband
- Admire handywork
My last major DIY project was Walt’s giant bookshelf/loveseat in his room. That’s exactly how that project went down. The cycle repeated on this project.
|At $5 each, this was a super cheap project.|
I bought the spice racks from IKEA. I already had the paint. So, I literally just mulled over the project for two weeks while having all the supplies. All in all, it was truly easy. I painted all the pieces, assembled the racks, and left them on the kitchen table long enough so Chris would take it upon himself to hang them. I call it teamwork.
One Comment Add yours
ha! that is cute 🙂