Technically, Walt has been eight months old for about a week and a half, but between work, school, (Mexico), and life, I’m just now getting to this post. There aren’t a ton of pics because Walt squirms and moves so fast that half of them turn out blurry. They even told us at school that Walt is very “active”. He never likes just sitting still (hmmmm… who does that sound like?!?)
Here are some more fun facts about the Munka Man:
- Show me your teeth! I have no idea what is “normal” for an 8-month old, but it feels like Walt has an excess of teeth for his age. He has 8 that you can see easily (at least halfway through) and an undetermined amount still coming in. I think at least an extra on the bottom. It’s hard to tell… and when I try and look my finger gets caught in his chompers – ouch!
- Mobility! Walt doesn’t crawl on all fours yet, but he’s pretty quick with his army crawl. Occasionally he’ll get on all fours, or take a few “real” crawls, but he’s faster on his tummy.
- Tummy to Sitting – The other morning when we went to get Walt up, he was sitting up in his crib. We have never seen him sit himself up. Turns out, he now knows how to get from his tummy to a sitting position. I was impressed 🙂
- What a laugh – Walt is easily entertained and very quick to giggle. He usually spends all of bath time chuckling to himself. We recently learned there’s a little girl in his daycare that he’s quite fond of and will sit and laugh at her. Also, while at my sister, Kathy’s, house a couple weekends ago, we were all thoroughly entertained as her yellow lab, Elway, licked baby food off Walt’s fingers and Walt belly laughed for a good five minutes.
- Eating – for the most part, Walt takes four bottles a day, and 2-3 servings of baby food. We recently introduced “puffs” to him. He doesn’t love them, but doesn’t hate them. They can usually entertain him for a bit, which is a nice relief.
And now for the pics:
|These guys are the best of buds!|
|Showing off a little…|
|My little Munks!|
|That sweet, sweet smile melts my heart!|
I can’t believe at all that Walt is almost as old as I was pregnant with him (does that make sense?). What a wild difference there is between newborn and eight months. Walt teaches us new things every day and is such a joy in our life!
One Comment Add yours
Cute, cute boy! I love how his little personality is really coming out! And, yes, I'd say that eight teeth at eight months is a whole heck of a lot!