- Several weeks ago, I officially switched him to 9 month clothes. Several weeks ago as in he was 4.5 months when this happened. #chunkymonkey
- I can confidently say that Oscar is a sitter. I was NOT expecting this. Walt did this just days after his six month bday, but Oscar was like, “hey, mom! I can do that now!”
- Oscar’s most favorite person in the world is Walt. If Walt is anywhere near him (laughing, talking, breathing), then Oscar stops everything he’s doing (read: eating) to just watch and laugh at his big brother.
- We’ve recently tried cereal a few times because I’m slightly getting peer pressured from teachers at school. He eats 8 oz a feeding (5 feedings). His reaction to the cereal is not good, but we plan on continuing to try.
- Speaking of eating, we also started feeding him a bottle for his nighttime feeding. We just can’t seem to get Oscar to go all night with no wake ups. The bottle helped for a few days. Now we are mixing 1/2 formula + 1/2 breastmilk. Next attempt will be a pureed filet mignon
- Oscar is still very happy. He is way happy in the mornings, and really happy when we are getting ready for bed.
- Speaking of getting ready for bed, Oscar LOVES the bath. Never once has he not like the bath, even as a tiny (LOL, tiny) infant. He’s gotten to where he sits up in his tub and splashes about.
I don’t really know how Walt and Oscar are majorly different now, but they definitely have done many things differently. Oscar is very happy and laughs, but I think Walt laughed more frequently. Also, Walt rarely had middle of the night wake ups (I know, I’m a total sucker), but Oscar rarely has a night where he doesn’t wake up at all. Most night’s it’s nothing more than a wake up requiring a paci, but there are definitely nights that require several trips upstairs, lots of paci inserts, patting, rocking, and even dragging the baby into bed with us. #badhabits
I sure love the personality on this kid. Majorly laid back, but lots of life. I can’t wait to see it continue to develop.