Here we are again! Another month. Time is on a freight train right now. I barely remember month one. Now sweet Viv is two months old and I know it’s just going to come faster and faster.
I hate to say Vivian is the best baby because someday the boys will read these blogs and be jealous. But, Vivian is the best baby 🙂 (Sorry, boys!). That’s not the say the boys weren’t. In fact, I’ve been pretty lucky in the baby department. I know this means that Vivian is probably cooking up a grand ol’ time for us when she’s 14 years old, so we’ll just enjoy this while we got it.
This month Vivian learned the art of smiling. While she flashed her first grin at me around 4 weeks, she’s been using her cheeky little smile to let me know she’s happy more and more. Things that make her smile are the fan, her car seat toys, mommy and daddy. Here are some of her best cheeses:
Viv is awake more and happy when she is awake. She’s on a pretty predictable schedule. She eats pretty much every three hours starting at 7a all the way through 10p. The 10p feed is a dream feed, then we don’t hear a peep until 7a (rinse and repeat). After she eats, we play for a bit, then she typically takes a nap. Sometimes it’s a solid nap of 60-90 minutes. Sometimes it’s a series of cat naps. When you sleep 8 hours at night, you don’t complain about what happens during the day 😉
At Viv’s 1 month appointment, she only weighed 8lbs 3oz. Just 4 oz bigger than her two week appointment. Given her demeanor (A+) we weren’t overly worried, but I started feeding her longer (not more often), taking Fenugreek to support my milk supply, and drinking Mothers Milk tea. 2 weeks later, she gained a full pound! Yay! It has been so strange having a small baby. Just this week I transitioned Viv from newborn sized clothes to 0-3 months. Eight weeks in! Walt wore NB sized clothes for 2 weeks and Oscar skipped them all together!
- Hands – We still love sucking on our hands. It’s only a matter of time before this becomes a thumb thing
- Outside – Viv loves walking outside, sitting outside, anything outside! This has been great as the weather is cooling down
- Bath – If you’re paying attention, you know that Viv hated her bath last month. She’s grown to enjoy it, but hates it when you remove her.
- Cuddling – Vivian is a great little cuddle bug. While she’s pretty awesome at chilling out in a play seat, she always prefers being held and walked around.
- Having her picture taken – Our 1-month photo shoot hit a snafu on her actual 2-month birthday. She hated it. Proof: