We had a wonderful Mother’s Day yesterday. My parents watched Walt for us on Saturday night so we could celebrate Chris’s birthday like adults. Which meant that on Sunday morning we got to sleep in! I think my poor body clock has forgotten how to sleep in at all, but it was so nice to wake up and just lie in bed until I felt like rolling out.
After running some errands (kid-free), we had my parents over for breakfast, took naps (everyone!) then went to Chris’s aunt/uncle’s house in Plano to see them and his parents. It was a wonderful day.
Being that it was Mother’s Day I was reflective on the fact that I am about to be a mommy for the second time. What a wonderful and honored feeling that is! Although, it’s been no secret that this pregnancy has not been as blissful as the first. Not because the pregnancy itself is bad. I’m so very blessed to even be pregnant, let alone have had no issues (no broken bones this time!). But the glow of being pregnant is all but lost the second time around. So, I’m trying to remind myself that this really is a special time and try to enjoy it. Here are some notes about the pregnancy since last pic (which was 25 weeks. I know I’m a total slacker).
- Physically, I’ve had way more aches and pains. My back has pretty much hurt since week 16. Oddly in the past 3 weeks or so, that has subsided.
- I now walk with a lovely waddle. I can’t help it! I feel like I have a bowling ball between my legs.
- Sleeping is slowly becoming troublesome. I can just tell that numerous nighttime wake-ups are right around the corner.
- Little Oscar Man is doing great. He’s measuring about 2 weeks ahead. At 28 weeks he was 3lbs/10oz.
- Oscar’s heart rate continues to be in the 140s
- This dude can move. Chris gets a kick out of watching him do flips nightly.
- We have our last and final sono at 36 weeks to confirm position and talk about D-Day (eek!)
|33 weeks. Baring my belly in all it’s glory. Hiding nothing. 🙂|
One Comment Add yours
awwwww 🙂 love all the updates! I can't believe you're at 33 weeks. almost there…